The Service and Charitable Works Team conducts many acts of love toward the members of our congregation in need and encourages all members to Christian service in our community and the world with the assistance of council and guidance from the pastor. Examples of service and charitable works include:
- Arranging visitation and seasonal gifts to our shut-ins
- Coordinating participation in outward focused service projects, e.g., Operation Inasmuch, Snacks in Packs
- Seeking members to serve as representative to God’s Helping Hands
- Reviewing the congregation’s annual commitments to outside ministries and service organizations, and suggesting revisions to the council
- Counseling members of the congregation in their pursuit of charitable acts within and outside this congregation
2023 Team Leader: Gail Marcum
Members: Bill Aull, Beth Cleland, Theresa Garner, Linda Hill, Don Horton, Melba Murphy, Beverly Nivens, Gail Marcum, Isma Boland, Charles Nicholson, Ruth Nicholson, Elizabeth Shealy, Herman Shealy, Frank Yonce
In 2022, Covid continued to affect our visiting the more vulnerable members of our congregation. The members of the team continued to call these people on a regular schedule. In addition, cards were sent at Easter and poinsettias were delivered the week before Christmas. Gift cards were also sent to Greg Chapman and Katie Doble.
Team members assisted the Young Adult/Youth Ministry in preparing for Trunk or Treat which was well attended in spite of the rain.
Submitted by Elizabeth Shealy, 2022 Team Leader
Members: Bill Aull, Beth Cleland, Don Horton, Melba Murphy, Beverly Nivens, Gail Marcum, Virginia Morris, Isma Boland, Charles Nicholson, Ruth Nicholson, Herman Shealy