The Service and Charitable Works Team conducts many acts of love toward the members of our congregation in need and encourages all members to Christian service in our community and the world with the assistance of council and guidance from the pastor. Examples of service and charitable works include:
- Arranging visitation and seasonal gifts to our shut-ins
- Coordinating participation in outward focused service projects, e.g., Operation Inasmuch, Snacks in Packs
- Seeking members to serve as representative to God’s Helping Hands
- Reviewing the congregation’s annual commitments to outside ministries and service organizations, and suggesting revisions to the council
- Counseling members of the congregation in their pursuit of charitable acts within and outside this congregation
2020 Team Leader: Elizabeth Shealy
Members: Bill Hill, Linda Hill, Gail Marcum, Herman Shealy
Service and Charitable Works continued to provide services to our church members that we remember for holidays and other special occasions.
The committee members delivered bags of goodies and visited with church members for Valentine’s Day. Thanks to all the church members that provided goodies.
For Easter, we delivered Easter lilies donated by church members.
For the first time we had a Trunk and Treat for Halloween. 11 decorated cars participated and over 60 children come thru to collect candy and play games.
For Christmas, we distributed bags packed with goodies for the church members. Thanks to all the church members that provided goodies.
Submitted by Gail Marcum, 2019 Team Leader
Members: Albert Drafts, Sue Drafts, Bill Hill, Linda Hill, Jean Hopkins, Elizabeth Shealy, Herman Shealy, Frank Yonce, Linda Yonce, Doris Wessinger, Heward Wessinger