The Education Team promotes and conducts all educational ministries within this congregation with the assistance of council and guidance from the pastor.
Examples of educational ministries include:
- Coordinating Sunday School and Vacation Bible School
- Encouraging Bible study
- Providing classes in preparation for First Communion and Confirmation
- Maintaining connection with college students
- Fostering youth activities
- Identifying and nurturing potential leaders for rostered leadership in the church
- Maintaining church library
2021 Team Leader: Elizabeth Shealy
Members: Pastor Henderson, Charles Nicholson
Until the pandemic hit in March, two Bible Studies were held weekly and Sunday School remained active for the Adult Class. The Tuesday morning Bible Study members were halfway through reading Gilead by Marilynne Robinson when all activities shut down. Members of the class completed the book on their own. Wednesday night Bible study group was discussing the liturgy in our Lutheran Book of Worship.
No gift cards were sent to college students because students were attending classes virtually at home due to the pandemic. However, notes of encouragement were sent to them at the end of the spring semester and each one received a note to welcome them back to worship at the beginning of the fall semester.
Submitted by Elizabeth Shealy, 2020 Team Leader
Members: Linda Griffith, Pastor Henderson, Charles Nicholson