The Worship Team promotes and supervises this congregation’s worship and music ministries with the assistance of council and guidance from the pastor, the organist, and the choir director(s). Duties of this team include:
- Ensuring that services of this congregation are conducted regularly and in harmony with the published liturgies of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and its predecessor bodies
- Coordinating and training ushers, worship assistants, lay readers, and greeters
- Providing and maintaining hymnals and other devotional materials
- Maintaining the schedule for placement of flowers in the sanctuary and supervising seasonal decoration of the sanctuary
- Supervising and supporting the choirs and maintaining the choir robes and the musical instruments of this congregation
2019 Team Leaders:Charles Nicholson (Team Leader) and Beverly Nivens (Council Representative)
Members: Kay Black, Isma Boland, Ben Lemons, Ruth Nicholson.
Ex-officio Members: Pastor Henderson, Brent Holcomb, Melodie Capole
In 2019 the Worship Team assisted the pastor and choir directors with the worship and music ministry of the congregation. Regular worship services were held with a variety of liturgies. Some changes to Sunday services were made in response to suggestions in a congregational questionnaire. Trumpeters on several occasions, along with percussionists at Easter enhanced our worship. Less than formal worship was held in the Fellowship Hall on fifth Sundays. In March we had a Taize service, in June we used With One Voice and incorporated some patriotic music, in September a praise band of USC instrumentalists performed. Volunteers from the congregation were involved in the services as lay readers, ushers, acolytes, crucifers, and worship assistants, and they also greeted worshipers at the door. The members also provided beautiful flowers for Sunday services, lilies for Easter, and poinsettias for Christmas. Melodie Capole leads the bell choir in providing pieces monthly. She also continues to bring a group of relatives and friends to help in the choir and in playing the bells. We appreciate the contribution that members in both choirs have made throughout the year.
The Altar Guild, with Isma Boland as leader, is also part of the Worship Team. We are grateful for their work in preparing communion for each service, making sure proper paraments and banners are used, and in checking the readiness of acolytes and crucifers for each service.
Submitted by Team Leaders Charles Nicholson (Team Leader), Beverly Nivens (Council Representative)
Members: Kay Black, Isma Boland, Ben Lemons, Ruth Nicholson
Ex-officio members: Pastor Henderson, Brent Holcomb, Melodie Capole